Friday, November 20, 2015

HOW'S REHAB BEEN?


How has everyone's Rehab been? Mine was intense! It involved several hours a week of Physio, Speech, Occupational Therapy, Swimming and Music Therapy.

We didn't have time to be bored or lonely.Once 'released' from our Rehab Facility,it all stopped.We could access Rehab privately,at our own expense.Most of us are on some kind of benefits so the expense becomes a big issue.

I was, frankly,sick of exercise. I tried alternative therapies.Acupuncture, Bowen Therapy, Massage, Personal Trainers, Reiki ,Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness.

They have all had some benefits, But I like Yoga best because works the Mind and Body.

At present,that is all I'm doing yoga. When my teacher Julia encounters problems, she consults a Physio friend. She encourages me to do most things with a walker in front of me. No ' Downward Dog' yet though. She's aiming for that and is convinced she will get me to walk.

Julia has devised a series of exercises to improve specific areas of weakness.She is going to write about the benefits of Yoga to include in a future blog.

Being an ex dancer , I was very body conscious. I am aware of what I need to do to improve my body. It is extremely frustrating,knowing what my body used to be able to do. Hopefully,it will keep improving, not to the point where I can Pirouette around the Lounge room again. Just to be able to walk would be a miracle.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment